The U.S. Treasury Department’s Office of Foreign Asset Control has added 20 new bitcoin addresses associated with two individuals to its list of sanctioned individuals.
According to an update to OFAC’s „Specially Designated Nationals“ (SDN) list, Jiadong Li and Yinyin Tian are accused of being linked to the Lazarus Group, a cybercrime group possibly affiliated with the North Korean government.
The group has been accused of stealing more than half a billion dollars in crypto as far back as 2018, when cybersecurity vendor Group-IB claimed it had targeted 14 different exchange in two years.
The agency listed 12 addresses associated with Jiadong Li:
- XBT 1EfMVkxQQuZfBdocpJu6RUsCJvenQWbQyE
- XBT 17UVSMegvrzfobKC82dHXpZLtLcqzW9stF
- XBT 39eboeqYNFe2VoLC3mUGx4dh6GNhLB3D2q
- XBT 39fhoB2DohisGBbHvvfmkdPdShT75CNHdX
- XBT 3E6rY4dSCDW6y2bzJNwrjvTtdmMQjB6yeh
- XBT 3EeR8FbcPbkcGj77D6ttneJxmsr3Nu7KGV
- XBT 3HQRveQzPifZorZLDXHernc5zjoZax8U9f
- XBT 3JXKQ81JzBqVbB8VHdV9Jtd7auWokkdPgY
- XBT 3KHfXU24Bt3YD5Ef4J7uNp2buCuhrxfGen
- XBT 3LbDu1rUXHNyiz4i8eb3KwkSSBMf7C583D
- XBT 3MN8nYo1tt5hLxMwMbxDkXWd7Xu522hb9P
- XBT 3N6WeZ6i34taX8Ditser6LKWBcXmt2XXL4
OFAC listed eight addresses affiliated with Yinyin Tian:
- XBT 134r8iHv69xdT6p5qVKTsHrcUEuBVZAYak
- XBT 15YK647qtoZQDzNrvY6HJL6QwXduLHfT28
- XBT 1PfwHNxUnkpfkK9MKjMqzR3Xq3KCtq9u17
- XBT 14kqryJUxM3a7aEi117KX9hoLUw592WsMR
- XBT 1F2Gdug9ib9NQMhKMGGJczzMk5SuENoqrp
- XBT 3F2sZ4jbhvDKQdGbHYPC6ZxFXEau2m5Lqj
- XBT 1AXUTu9y3H8w4wYx4BjyFWgRhZKDhmcMrn
- XBT 1Hn9ErTCPRP6j5UDBeuXPGuq5RtRjFJxJQ
OFAC deleted a number of Russian entities linked to the Independent Petroleum Company from its sanctions list in Monday’s action.
Disclosure Read More
The leader in blockchain news, CoinDesk is a media outlet that strives for the highest journalistic standards and abides by a strict set of editorial policies. CoinDesk is an independent operating subsidiary of Digital Currency Group, which invests in cryptocurrencies and blockchain startups.
Credit: Source link